In life there is often that ONE person who really inspired you. It could be an athlete, a coach, a teacher, a mentor, or a family member. Having that person in your life is what may have made you what you are today. Inspiring your team to greatness if the work of Network Marketing Leaders. For me this is a poignant time of the year. The person who inspired me the most was my mom, who died 30 years ago.
While my mom and I had a checkered past, when I remember my life to write my biography for my website or to be interviewed on Voice America, it is my mom who really gave me the lessons that inspired my career choices as well as my values.
As I wrote in A Life Remembered: My Mother’s Influence, my mom was a force to be reckoned with and this is what she inspired me to do:
- To be the person has “control:” When I wanted to be a Registered Nurse, she informed me that a Medical Doctor has more authority and control. She thought I should be the one making the decisions and determining the plan of action.
- To ALWAYS be in integrity: She was very clear that I should never be in a position where it was necessary to lie, cheat or steal. Whatever I did, I was to be in integrity
- To always dress professionally, you never know who will see you on the street: I don’t think I ever saw my mom out of the house in a house coat. In fact, she never went out without her make-up on and her hair styled. Every night no matter how late, she always put her hair in pin-curls for the next day. Even when she retired, she was usually in what we would call today, “business casual.” She didn’t check her perfectionism at the door, I can tell you that. For that reason, I am usually seen in business suiting or what is called “professional dress.”
- To be strong as a woman: This comes from a woman who had it all. She was a community leader, an Executive Secretary to the top man of the division, a church leader, and, of course, a mother. I saw her as someone who was firmly grounded in the present and yet had a clear vision of the future. That is what I wanted for myself and my daughters.
- To have a dream of how your life will be led and follow it: When I look both backwards at what I have accomplished and dreams that have been fulfilled, and then forward to the dreams I have set for my future, I know that her advice and wisdom are what have made me the success I am.
I know that there is not just one person who has inspired me to be all that I am. I have had great coaches, great mentors, and great friends who have help shape me into the woman and leader that I am today. Yet, because I learned so much about inspiration and leadership from these individuals, I want to teach you how to find that person who can inspire you to be all that you can be. The Art of Herding Cats: Leading Teams of Leaders is the program I use to show you the skill of being an inspiration to your team and to find the inspiration you need to reach your dreams. The skills I teach were developed from a life experienced. Without these people to inspire me, I would not be able to inspire others. So, who inspired you? When did you last thank them for what they gave to you? Don’t wait – do it today.
Something else I have learned as a business woman is to ask for what you want. If you loved what you just read, this content is not for free. As a form of payment, I am asking you simply to comment or share this on Facebook or tweet about it on Twitter.
Linda Patten, MBA, BSN, RN has over 30 years of experience leading women to success in building and achieving their dreams. She turns networking marketing women from product sellers to leaders of highly functioning teams. To learn more about her innovative programs, click on Contact Us.